Some Amazing Scientific Explanations of Everyday Life
Yes, you are guessing correct! Our experts have brought some more interesting facts for you. Be ready to explore a variety of fascinating scientific explanations that you might be unaware of. Science is a vast subject, and people often remain uninformed about the elucidations it offers for various everyday happenings. So to fill you in here we go!
Water cleans well because it has asymmetrical molecules
Water molecules are triangular, as they are made of two hydrogen atoms clinged with one oxygen atom. Also, they have different charges on their different sides, similar to a magnet. The hydrogen end of the molecule remains positively charged, and the oxygen side posses negative charge. This makes water molecule good at sticking to other molecules. Therefore, while washing away dirt, the water molecules stick to the surface and pull away the dirt.
Gum is chewy because it’s made of rubber
Earlier gums got their elastic texture from the natural latex rubber known as chicle. But now, your chewing gum is made from synthetic rubbers like styrene butadiene or polyvinyl acetate to continue the effect of chicle. The synthetic rubbers that manufacture these edible gums are also used in adhesives and even in car tires.
Polishing shoes is like filling in a road’s potholes
Regular leather appears dull to the eye because it has various tiny scrapes and scratches that scatter light that falls on its surface. However, when you polish a leather shoe, you coat it with a fine layer of wax. And as the surface becomes uniform, rays of light bounce back toward your eyes more evenly, making it look shiny.
Density explains why cold water feels cooler than air at the same temperature
As water is denser than air, your body loses heat 25 times more quickly while in water than it would in air at the same temperature. Water's density gives it a high specific heat capacity; also it is excellent in retaining temperature. Therefore, being a great conductor, it turns very effective at transferring the heat or chill to your body.
Glass breaks easily because its atoms are loosely arranged
Unlike other solid materials, glass is made up of loosely packed atoms arranged randomly. They can’t absorb or dissipate energy from collisions. The atoms of these amorphous materials cannot rearrange themselves quickly to retain the original structure, so it collapses, shattering fragments everywhere.
Well, to amuse you more we have enlisted a few more facts that were stated long in the past. Read these too and boost your scientific knowledge:
- A thick glass tumbler often cracks when very hot liquid is poured into it because the inner surface of the thick glass tumbler expands more on coming in contact with the hot liquid, whereas, the outer surface has relatively lower temperature. This unequal expansion of inner and outer surface causes the tumbler to crack.
- A copper vessel left in air for a long time turns green. This happens because of the formation of copper carbonate when the element reacts with carbon dioxide in the presence of moisture of the air.
- A perspiring man feels relief when air floats by his side because the flow of air increases the rate of evaporation of sweat from the body.
- The freezing compartment of a refrigerator is usually placed at the top because as the air becomes cold and heavy, it sinks downwards, thus cooling the rest of the compartment.
- An ordinary clock gets slow down in summer because the length of its pendulum increases, and therefore, its time period also increases. The pendulum takes more time to complete each oscillation and thus loses time.
- A train stops when the chain is pulled because of the following mechanism. When the chain is pulled, one small valve gets opened, and air enters to the underside of the piston head of the brake cylinder. Initially, there is a vacuum on both top and bottom side of the piston head. But, when air enters the other side, the piston raises up due to the difference in pressure. This pulls the brake, stopping the train.
Hope you enjoyed reading the write-up! For more such blogs stay tuned to our page.
Don’t worry if most of your time get occupied with reading such scientific write-ups, and you fail to complete your assignments. Our assignment help experts realize your problem and are available 24*7 for your assistance. You can seek help for assignment of any subject be it in any topic. Contact us and leave all your botheration upon us.
Leave a Comment
Get A+ Within Your Budget!
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- No Privacy Infringement
- Quick Services
- Subject Experts
- Innovative Documents
To Make Your Work Original
- Paraphrasing Tool
Easy to Use Paraphrasing Tool to Simplify Complex Academic WritingCheck Paraphrasing
- Plagiarism Checker
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Turnitin report!Check Plagiarism
- Reference Generator
Get citations & references in your document in the desired style!Generate References
- Grammar Checker Tool
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!Grammar Checker
- Essay Typer
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic’s requirement!Essay Typer
- Dissertation Outline Generator
Get Structured Outline by Professionals for Your DissertationCheck Dissertation