The objective of this research is to evaluate the impact of digital technology on business activities and its working performance. Now a day, digital technology plays a most important role in business development practices which can be analyzed through:
- Discuss appropriate research methodology that integrates knowledge in the research process.
- Design and evaluate research relevant for a business research project of Dalcour Maclaren.
- Identify the outcomes of research and communicate it to identified stakeholders.
- Provide a reflection over the application of research concept and methodology.
1.1 Overview of research
In current business environment, every organisation have their own aim for developing and making the activities of their company so this will help in increasing their income and revenue in the large market place. Recently, digital technologies are currently trending and there are many firms which are executing such technologies so they are considering that they are the major for developing the performance and productivity of the firm at the market place. The main aim of this company is to adopt different methods and tools by which they are getting high growth and success (Rummler and Brache, 2012). Along with this, it is that technique which help in providing advantages to the small or large organisation that assist them in formulating their abilities or capabilities in the market. The major aim of this organisation is to revolutionise the way where they are doing working in company and services can be used then firm are capable for save the time, enhancing their income, employees productivity and profitability in better manner.
1.2 Background of research
Dalcour Maclaren are the chartered technologist which provide professional advice and consultancy services to the utility and structural sectors. They love their products and services which help them in taking benefits from this. This was established in 2003 in united kingdom and its main aim is to developing and improving the communication services or facilities of UK. Along with this, there are various competitors which are implemented different marketing strategies and policies for developing productivity of their employees so that success and growth can happen within an organisation (Sirmon and et. al., 2011). In recent era, workers wants to complete their work at given time period and with the help of this, they are willing to earn money for attracting large number of customers towards their services and facilities.
1.3 Significance of the research
This research study focuses on the impact which has been carried out by implementation of digital technology in the organisation. The changes in performance outcomes needs to be assessed through this research so that their influence on business can be determined. The aim which drives a business is to achieved determined level of profitability and a reputation in the market which leads to attainment of competitive edge for an organisation. To achieve the same a business undertakes use of distinct tools and techniques so that its corporate goals are being fulfilled. But it is equally important to identify whether such elements are being useful for an organisation and serve their purpose. This research study aims to maximise profit earning capacity of an organisation through identifying influence which has been provided with digital tools which are undertaken by the organisation (Christopher, 2016). It has been identified that use of digital tools helps in making organisation work more effective and efficient but it is equally crucial to identify manner through which they can be thoroughly implemented so that right results could be achieved. For a SME, implementation of digital tool has been determined to be an approach which helps in making sure that competitive position can be attained in the market.
1.4 Research aim
This can be regarded that it is one of the essential part of research project because all the major activities and functions that are developing in this investigation which are based on research aims. Along with this, it is that act which guide for researcher to carry out all functions and activities in accurate manner. The aim of this research is “To ascertain the impact of digital technology on business activities and its effect on developing organisational performance. A case study on Dalcour Maclaren”.
1.5 Research objectives
- To evaluate the impact of digital technology on business environment.
- To determine the significance of digital technology in Dalcour Maclaren.
- To recognise the impact of digital technology in improving the organisation performance.
- To recommend different ways by which Dalcour Maclaren can increasing their business functions and gain competitive benefits.
- How to evaluate the impact of digital technology on business environment?
- What are the major factors which determine the significance of digital technology in Dalcour Maclaren?
- How to recognise the impact of digital technology in improving the organisation performance?
- Give recommendations through which Dalcour Maclaren can increasing their business functions and gain competitive benefits?